The past week and a half has been quite revelatory, dotted with moments of confusion and joy. This morning was amazing (full-on, as Dwayne, one of our staff members, would say). We had the opportunity to do our first practical expository preaching - intensively looking at a small bit of the Bible, in the context of the whole, and really drawing out some of the incredible richness in that. I looked at an oft-skimmed story (mark 5:6-10 for those keeping track), that of the man filled with demons which upon Jesus' arrival were cast out into a herd of pigs, who quickly made like lemmings and died. It was amazing to see how much I learned through really diving into it, seeing the authority and power of Jesus over not just the really heinous sin or in the hard-to-relate-to miracle. He has the authority, power, and will to overcome all sin, the history that we carry around, the stuff that's holding us down, and the things we don't want to let go of. It's amazing. The speaking of it really drove home a lot of things. And the talking was fun once it got going, too.
We're heading out to some place called Busselton to read the first 9 books of the Bible this weekend. Apparently, it's also quite beautiful: I'll hopefully get some fun pictures.

We're heading out to some place called Busselton to read the first 9 books of the Bible this weekend. Apparently, it's also quite beautiful: I'll hopefully get some fun pictures.

a parrot I saw this sunday on a nice wander down to Kaio.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment